This AM, Quora showed up on my Twitter feed. Multiple times. My curiosity urged me to find out more. Typing quora.com into the search bar, I anticipated the purpose of this new-found social media tool.
Here’s what I found:
- Quora allows you to ask and answer questions related to topics you’re interested in. Think of Yahoo! Answers, but with more credible responses.
- You can link it to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. This allows Quora to suggest topics you’ve already shown interest in, as well as linking to your friends and followers.
- Along with following topics and people, you can follow specific questions to see the varied responses.
- Quora allows you to share questions and answers through Facebook, Twitter and blogs.
- Unlike Twitter, Quora questions and answers exceed the 140 character limit.
- Email notification warning: Change your email settings to receive emails less often, or your inbox could clog up quickly.
To get a better idea how Quora works, read a question I answered about Black Friday deals here.
Some predict Quora surpassing Twitter. What do you think?